Tuesday, January 19, 2016

stewww

I went down to the Story Tavern for lunch today.  It was cold, I was lonely, why not hit up a bar with decent food for lunch I guess?

I don't know what I wanted, Story Tavern has a mixed variety of food there that ranges from great to mediocre.  I vaguely remember ordering soup from them before and really enjoying it, I can blame the glasses of whiskey that tagged along with me for tampering my memory.  I decided to go for their stew on a whim anyway, if I ate all of it, I must've liked it?  At least, I remember that.

So I ordered the stew with a glass of Woodford.  The stew came out hot, really hot.  I had to wait until it cooled down, which kind of annoys me.. I hate having yummy food in front of me while knowing if I try eating it, it's going to hurt me.  Like some weird psychological experiment done back in the 20's-30's, observing my reaction to tasty stuff by then suddenly zapping me with an electro shock.  Poor baby albert..  Just thinking about what was done to him makes me want to cry.. and I just looked up what ever happened to him and now I'm crying at my desk.

After 2 glasses of Woodford, my stew was ready to eat.  It was pretty good, the broth was pretty tasty, and everything in it was great.  I think after the third glass the bartender saw it as a challenge to make me stop drinking by giving me a slightly fuller glass of Woodford, but like the stew, I finished them all off and left feeling warm all over.  Not bad Story tavern.


No comments:

Post a Comment